The AAJA/NBC News Summer Fellowship gives students real world experience and exposure to one of the world’s leading news divisions, which includes NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC.
NBCUniversal will offer fellows the opportunity to join one of the following NBC programs or platforms as interns:
- The Today Show
- Nightly News with Lester Holt
- NBCU’s digital organization, which includes an array of digital properties
- Must be a current AAJA member
- Students must be willing to live in New York City or its environs for the duration of the internship. (see below note regarding COVID-19).
- Must be enrolled full-time at a U.S. college or university
- Must be a sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student
- Must major in journalism or a communications discipline
- GPA of 3.0 or above is desired
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US without holding a VISA or sponsorship
- Recent graduates will not be considered.
- Application Form
- Essay Question: In 150-200 words, state why you want to pursue a career in broadcast journalism and what you hope to gain from the internship experience.
- School Transcript
- 1 Letter of Reference
The fellows selected will receive:
- $16.50 an hour, plus overtime as needed, for 10 weeks during the summer
- A $2,000 housing or technology stipend. The housing stipend is available for candidates who reside outside a 50 mi. radius from our Tri-State Area offices. The technology stipend is for fellows who must do their internship remotely because of extenuating circumstances.
All the internships are located in 30 Rockefeller Center, with the exception of the placements at CNBC, which are located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. Transportation is provided to Englewood Cliffs, NJ from various locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Asian American Journalists Association is proud to announce the 2022 scholarship and internship winners. After careful consideration, winners were selected from a pool of highly qualified and competitive candidates
The Asian American Journalists Association is thrilled to announce internship and fellowship recipients with several organizations that we are proud to partner with on opportunities for young professionals. Our NBC
The Asian American Journalists Association is proud to announce the 2021 scholarship and internship winners. After careful consideration, winners were selected from a pool of highly qualified and competitive