The Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) and the White House Correspondents’ Association (WHCA) are proud to offer a joint scholarship opportunity to foster the next generation of journalists.
- $2000 scholarship reward towards the 2021-2022 academic year, to be used towards the recipient’s education (for tuition, room and board, books) following AAJA’s scholarship guidelines.
- Invitation to a luncheon with the members of the WHCA.
- Matched with a volunteer mentor from among the White House press corps for a year, starting at the time of the luncheon.
- Invitation as a guest to attend the WHCA annual dinner. Travel and other costs beyond the dinner ticket are the responsibility of the scholarship recipient or the AAJA.
- Invitation as a guest to attend AAJA’s annual convention.
Click HERE to apply for the 2021 AAJA / White House Correspondents’ Association Scholarship.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: March 30, 11:59 pm PST
- Applicants must be an AAJA student member. New student applicants may join at www.aaja.org/join for $25 per year. Membership includes multiple benefits including applying to member-specific opportunities, networking, mentorship, and professional development programs.
- Applicants must be a current college student enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university.
Candidates will be judged on the basis of academic achievement, demonstrated journalistic ability, commitment to the field of journalism and/or sensitivity to Asian American and Pacific Islander Issues.
Questions? Email email@example.com with the “WHCA Scholarship” in the subject heading.