AAJA is holding a special election to fill the remainder of Ramy Inocencio’s 2019 term as AAJA Vice President of Journalism Programs. Ramy was recently elected to serve as AAJA Senior Vice President for the 2019 term.
The Vice President of Journalism Programs ensures that AAJA’s professional training and support stays ahead of industry changes. This officer is primarily dedicated to fulfilling two crucial tenets of AAJA’s mission:
- To provide a means of association and support among Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) journalists, and to advance AAPI journalists as news managers and media executives.
- To provide encouragement, information, advice and scholarship assistance to AAPI students who aspire to professional journalism careers.
The Vice President of Journalism Programs-elect will be expected to attend the 2018 AAJA Fall Board Meeting taking place November 16-17, 2018 in San Francisco, California.
Nominations are due no later than Friday, October 12 at 5pm PT.
- Tuesday, October 9 – Nomination period starts, 5pm PT
- Friday, October 12 – Nomination period ends, 5pm PT
- Monday, October 15 – Announcement of candidates
- Friday, October 19 – Voting starts 5pm PT
- Friday, October 26 – Voting ends 12pm PT
- Monday, October 29 – Announcement of officer-elect via e-mail
DOWNLOAD THE NOMINATION FORM HERE
Only active AAJA members are eligible to nominate a candidate according to the by-laws. If you have any questions about your membership, please contact Justin Seiter at the AAJA National Office at email@example.com.
ELECTION RESULTS: Election results will be announced via e-mail on Monday, October 29. For questions about the special election, please contact Nicole Dungca, AAJA Vice President of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.